President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad fortsetter å si ting offentlig som gjør selv konservative og regimetro mennesker flaue. Lørdag hevdet han at at antall drepte i 9/11 var langt lavere enn oppgitt, og ikke nok med det: det er aldri offentliggjort noen navneliste over de døde. Dette sa presidenten til et samlet pressekorps. Ikke rart iranere skammer seg.
Likevel fortsetter Ahmadinejad i samme spor.
Speaking at a Tehran conference, Ahmadinejad said there was no evidence that the death toll at New York’s World Trade Center, destroyed in the attacks, was as high as reported and said «Zionists» had been tipped off in advance.
«What was the story of Sept. 11? During five to six days, and with the aid of the media, they created and prepared public opinion so that everyone considered an attack on Afghanistan and Iraq as (their) right,» he said in a televised speech.
No «Zionists» were killed in the World Trade Center, according to Ahmadinejad, because «one day earlier they were told not go to their workplace».
«They announced that 3,000 people were killed in this incident, but there were no reports that reveal their names. Maybe you saw that, but I did not,» he told a gathering of the Iranian news media.
There is a published list of Sept. 11 dead from more than 90 countries available online.
Man kan si at Ahmadinejad forsøker å treffe mange fluer med ett slag.
Det merkelige er at president Obama for få dager siden sa seg villig til å forhandle med Iran. Man kan nesten tro at Ahmadinejad vil stenge den muligheten.