Nytt

Sikkerhetsstyrker åpnet lørdag ild mot et gravfølge i Benghazi i Libya og drepte minst 15 av de sørgende, melder kilder til Al Jazeera.

– Det er åpenbart stående ordre om å skyte for å drepe, sier en lege på et sykehus i byen.

Hvis sikkerhetsstyrkene farer frem slik som beskrevet er trolig tapstallene langt høyere.

Libyan forces have reportedly opened fire at a funeral in the eastern city of Benghazi, killing at least 15 people and injuring scores more as protests against Muammar Gaddafi, the country’s long-time ruler, continued.

The victims on Saturday were mourning the loss of protesters who had been killed during anti-government demonstrations in the city during the past week, witnesses said.

A doctor from Benghazi told Al Jazeera that the Al Jalah hospital where he works has received 15 bodies and is treating numerous people following the shootings at the funeral.

He said in total the hospital had counted 44 deaths in three days, adding that it is very difficult to offer treatment to the numbers needing assistance.

«This is not a well-equipped hospital and these injuries come in waves. All are very serious injuries, involving the head, the chest and the abdomen. They are bullet injuries from high-velocity rifles.

«All are civilians aged from 13 to 35, no police or military injuries,» he said, adding that there was no way the wounds could have come from anyone other than security forces.

«Absolutely a shoot-to-kill policy,» he said.

Ahmed, a businessman and resident of Benghazi who declined to give his real name for his own safety, told Al Jazeera that hospitals in the city were overwhelmed with the number of dead and injured and were running out of blood.

«It’s a big, big massacre. We’ve never heard of anything like this before. It’s horrible,» he said.

«The shooting is still taking place right now. We’re about 3km away from it, and we saw this morning army troops coming into the city. You can hear the shooting now. They don’t care about us.»

Libya forces ‘open fire’ at funeral