japan.massakre

Det groteske angrepet på et handikapsenter utenfor Tokyo som resulterte i 19 drepte og titalls sårede, ble begått av en tidligere ansatt som hadde foreslått å eliminere de handikappede og da han ikke ble hørt tok «loven» i egne hender.

26 år gamle Satoshi Uematsu spaserte inn på politistasjonen i nærheten og sa «Det var jeg som gjorde det». Han hadde med seg et utvalg blodige kniver som viste at han snakket sant.

Massakren er den verste siden Aum Shinrikyu-kulten bruke saringass mot t-banen i Tokyo i 1995.

The suspect walked into a police station and said «I did it,» Japanese media reported.

The suspect, who has been identified as  Satoshi Uematsu, was reported to have been a former member of staff at the care home, which is in Sagamihara, Kanagawa Prefecture, about 25 miles southwest of Tokyo.

It has emerged that Uematsu has been involuntary hospitalised early this year after expressing a willingness to kill disabled people if the government approved, a city official said.

Police in the town of Tsukui near Tokyo contacted the suspect, Satoshi Uematsu, and he was involuntarily committed to hospital on February 19 after he had tried to present a letter to the speaker of the lower house of Japan’s parliament, said an official from nearby Sagamihara city who declined to be named.

Uematsu told police he would kill many severely disabled people if the national government approved such an action, new agency Reuters reported. He was discharged on March 2 after a doctor deemed his condition had improved, the official said.

Men Uematsu var ikke blitt bedre. Mandag brøt han seg inn i senteret ved å knuse en rute, og gikk «i gang». NTV fortalte at han var blitt oppsagt fra senteret og hadde noe å hevne.

ANNONSE

Det verste massedrapet i Japan siden krigen var Aum Shinrikyu-kultens sarin-angrep mot t-banen i 1995. Antall drepte var mindre – 12, men 50 ble alvorlig såret og tusenvis fikk skader.

Japan har ellers en del tilfeller av mennesker som går amok:

A former janitor attacked students and teachers at a school in Osaka in 2001 with a kitchen knife, killing eight children and wounding 15 more people. It was the second highest-casualty mass murder in the country’s history.

In 2008 a man drove a truck into a crowd near a shopping centre in Tokyo before exiting with a dagger and stabbing at least 12 people. Four of the seven people killed in the attack died as the result of knife wounds.

Another brutal rampage took place in the city of Sumoto last year, with five elderly people stabbed to death.

Three teenagers were arrested last year after a 13-year-old boy was executed with a knife in what police said might have been an Isil-inspired slaying.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/25/japanese-knife-attack-19-dead-in-attack-outside-tokyo/

ANNONSE
Liker du det du leser? Vipps noen kroner til Document på 13629