Minst 15 mennesker er drept og 45 såret i et knivangrep på et handikapsenter utenfor Tokyo. Det er en av de verste massakrene i Japan siden krigen.
At least 15 people have been killed and another 45 injured after a man went on a rampage with a knife at a Japanese facility for disabled people in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
Japan’s public broadcaster NHK said the suspect, reported to have the family name Uematsu, had been arrested after he attacked residents of the Tsukui Yamayuri En (Tsukui Lily Garden) facility in Sagamihara in Kanagawa Prefecture, south of Tokyo.
Japanese media reported that staff at the facility called police at 2.30am local time with reports of a man armed with a knife on the grounds.
A 26-year-old was arrested after turning himself in to police, NHK said.
Mannen skal ha vært ansatt ved senteret. Politiet vet ennå ingenting om motivet.
Local media said a 26-year-old former employee of the facility, had admitted carrying out the attack, one of the worst crimes in Japanese postwar history.
Police are investigating the motive behind the attack, which is believed to have started at about 2.30am local time.
“We are still confirming details of the case,” a police spokesman said.