Nytt

Fransk innenriks sikkerhetstjeneste arresterte i midten av desember to menn på 24 og 25 år for terrorplaner, den ene fra Marokko, den andre fra Togo. De ble fremstilt for retten sist lørdag, siktet for å ha planlagt angrep på militære og politi.

Det var det tiende terrorangrepet som er forpurret siden 2013.

 

Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve announced on Wednesday that a terror plot to attack Orléans had been foiled earlier this month by France’s internal intelligence services the DGSI.

It’s the tenth terror plot to be thwarted on French soil since 2013, the minister said.

He revealed certain details of what was planned and who was behind the plot.

What kind of attack was planned?

Cazeneuve said the attack was planned to strike against representatives of law and order. Sources close to the investigation have since revealed that the targets were a military barracks and police stations from the national police and the gendarmerie military police.

«One of the two arrested men has admitted they were planning to carry out against soldiers, police and representatives of the state,» Cazeneuve said.

«It is believed they wanted to launch a gun attack on the targets, however we don’t know when the pair were planning to strike.

De to har en fortid som småkriminelle. Men politiet oppdaget at de var blitt radikalisert. Hjemme i leiligheten deres fant politiet IS-materiale.. De skal ha blitt ledet av en fransk jihadist som har reist til Syria. De fikk overført 4000 euro fra Syria, penger de skulle bruke til å kjøpe våpen. Det var da de forsøkte å kjøpe kalasjnikover at politiet slo til. Da hadde de vært under overvåking en stund.

 

In raids of their homes police found violent Isis propaganda videos as well as material that showed the pair had committed allegiance to the Middle East terror group.

“It’s hard to believe,” a friend of one of the pair told Le Parisien. “When he was younger he was a loving boy. He used to do Ramadan but he wasn’t someone you would call religious.”

How did police detect the plot?

According to sources the pair come on the radar of intelligence services when they attempted to buy arms – specifically assault rifles and Kalashnikovs.

They came to the attention of DGSI back in August and had been placed under surveillance since then. Apparently they received information from an anonymous source that several young people from in an around Orléans were in contact with a French jihadist from the area who had left for Syria.

http://www.thelocal.fr/20151223/orleans-what-we-know-about-the-terror-plot

Mest lest

En stille invasjon