Det finske rikspolitiet har pågrepet to unge irakere som de mener var med å massakrere 1.000 irakiske kadetter på basen Speicher i juni 2014. IS laget propagandafilm av massakren og bødlene var uten maske.
Politiet mener de personlig henrettet 11 kadetter.
De to irakerne kom til Finland i september. Først nå hadde myndighetene kapasitet til å intervjue dem.
The National Bureau of Investigation says that two Iraqi men were detained in Forssa, Finland, on Tuesday on suspicion of terrorism-related murders committed in Iraq. The detentions took place peacefully.
At a press conference on Thursday afternoon, NBI Chief Inspector Jari Räty said that the men are suspected of 11 killings on one occasion in Iraq in June 2014. The incident was part the ISIS Camp Speicher massacre of unarmed Iraqi Air Force cadets near Tikrit, where more than 1,000 are believed to have died.
The men allegedly shot dead Iraqi Army cadets who had been taken prisoner following an attack on a bus. ISIS made propaganda videos of the killings and distributed them online.
«The victims were lying on the ground and they were shot one by one,» said Räty of the video. «In this situation (the shooters) were not masked.»
Det blir stadig vanskeligere å påstå at migrasjon/flyktninger og terror ikke har noe med hverandre å gjøre.