Nytt

Det er krav i Kongressen om at USA ikke kan fortsette å bevilge milliarder i bistand til land som angriper diplomatiske stasjoner.

The U.S. has since the start of the uprisings in Libya in early 2011 given that country more than $200 million — including $89 million in humanitarian assistance and $25 million from the Defense Department, according to Congressional Research Service.

Several Capitol Hill Republicans have since the recent anti-American attacks started calling for either a stop to such aid or at least tighter restrictions, despite the Obama administration saying that cutting off support would not resolve the “complicated” Middle East situation.

“The American people are tired of this,” Sen. Rand Paul said Thursday on the Senate floor. “Our Treasury is bare. There is a multitude of reasons why we should not continue to send good money after bad.”

Paul, R-Ky., said such action should be taken in Egypt, Libya, Yemen and Pakistan. And he has proposed an amendment that would require those countries to help in the investigations of the attacks on U.S. embassies in Yemen and Egypt and the consulate in Benghazi.

Yemen received $64 million this year, compared to $134 million last year, according to Congressional Research Service.

“Not one penny more for Libya or Egypt or Pakistan until they act as our allies,” Paul continued. «Some say we have to keep sending it. Fine, let’s send it when they act as our allies. Let’s send it when they start behaving as civilized nations and come to their senses.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/15/us-aid-to-middle-east-questioned-after-anti-american-attacks-in-region/