Nytt

Israelske kibbutzim har invitert en rekke palestinske barn fra Gaza-stripen til noen dagers oppold i fred og ro i Israel. Barna er blitt foreldreløse som følge av krigen mellom Israel og Hamas, og den israelske kibbutzbevegelsen vil signalisere at det ikke er barna som betraktes som fiende. Hamas nekter barna å reise:

«Hamas prevented them from leaving today,» said Peter Lerner, an Israeli defense official. «Hamas was responsible for letting them get out…The press
was waiting at the Erez crossing for them to come. The Kibbutz Movement was waiting for them to come.»

Prime Minister’s Office spokesman Mark Regev said he had not previously heard about the incident Wednesday, but told The Jerusalem Post that «Hamas, through its actions, continually demonstrates that the last thing on its mind is the well-being of the civilian population of the Gaza Strip.»